AUT has established the AUT Internz International Scholarship Programme for graduating students to experience working life in international markets. The recipients of the AUT Internz international scholarships will be hosted in a number of leading organisations for up to 12 months. Successful candidates must comply with all visa regulations and be available to fulfil the placement at dates determined by partner companies.
All applicants must:
- Meet all visa eligibility criteria and requirements (where applicable) for the host country,
- Agree to the International Scholarship Terms of Acceptance,
- Be a New Zealand citizen and have, or be eligible for, a New Zealand passport,
- Be enrolled in full-time study at AUT for two consecutive semesters prior to graduating,
- Be completing a programme of study aligned with the criteria set out by host employers,
- Have completed your study, including your co-op, in July or December the year before the internship starts.
To apply applicants must confirm they meet the above criteria, and acknowledge that AUT has the right to cancel any application that is not eligible.
The successful recipients of AUT Internz International Scholarships will travel to their destination for the internship at a time determined by the host organisation. The AUT Internz Scholarship includes:
- Return travel to the destination city from Auckland
- Travel insurance
- Health insurance
- A work visa and related administrative expenses where required
- A stipend as a contribution toward living costs where required
All applicants are required to provide the following via the online application process by the closing date:
- A completed AUT Internz International Scholarship application form
- Proof of full-time enrolment
- A scanned copy of your passport or proof of New Zealand citizenship
- A cover letter for the host company outlining why you are applying for the internship.
- A link to your online portfolio (mandatory for creative roles)
AUT will receive all applications by the closing date specified on each internship opportunity and create a short-list from those who meet all application criteria. Short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview with a representative from a host company, via video conference or phone.
The successful candidates will be selected in consultation with the host organisations. Where candidates are being hosted in countries that require a work visa, they will then go through a visa application process, managed by AUT.
Conditions of acceptance
Successful recipients of AUT Internz International Scholarships will be asked to agree to the International Scholarship Terms of Acceptance.