The AUT Internz International Programme offers AUT students a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to put learning into action in a different market. As well as matching you with host employer, AUT may provide a scholarship to cover return travel to the USA, your US visa, insurances and a stipend to support living expenses.
AUT offers scholarships to its graduating students to intern in a range of industries, allowing them to experience work life in the USA. Hosts in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Colorado Springs include Paramount Recording Studios, Sundance Institute, the Metropolitan Museum of Art and Play Rugby USA.
March - August
Applications from AUT students
April - September
Hosts invite candidates for Skype interviews
May - November
Positions offered and preferred candidates enter visa processing
Visas and scholarships awarded
January to April
Recipients depart for NY, LA, SF and other destinations!
Good to know
- Applications will be called at various times throughout the year for international intenship opportunities, starting in March with the last being called by September each year
- You need to have, or be eligible for, a New Zealand passport
- You need to be completing your programme of study or have completed it at AUT within the 12 months prior to the internship start date, and your programme must be aligned with the criteria set out in the job description by the host
- You need to be available to depart for your destination at the time determined by the host, usually between December this year and April the following year
- You need to meet all AUT Internz Scholarship Regulations and United States Visa eligibility criteria and requirements, which are subject to change