Purpose of the AUT Internz International Scholarship Programme
AUT has established the AUT Internz International Scholarship Programme for graduating students to experience working life in international markets. The scholarships offer a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for new graduates to gain a global perspective, earn their first 'stripes' as global citizens and lay the foundation for future careers. The recipients of the AUT Internz international scholarships will be hosted in a number of leading organisations in business, advertising, design, entertainment, culture, sales & marketing, banking and youth development for up to six months.
Successful candidates must comply with all appropriate visa regulations and be available to fulfil the placement at dates determined by partner companies.
Amount and type of award
The successful recipients of AUT Internz International scholarships will travel to the United States or Canada for a work experience and cultural exchange placement for 8–26 weeks at a time determined by the host partner. The scholarship covers return travel to the destination city from Auckland, a visa, travel and health insurance and a stipend during the internship to support living expenses. This is not a co-op placement or other work-related placement during study.
The AUT Internz Scholarship includes
- Return travel to the destination city from Auckland
- Travel insurance
- Health insurance
- A US or Canadian visa and related administrative expenses
- A stipend as a contribution toward living costs where required
Number of AUT Internz scholarships offered
This will vary each year depending on host company participation.
All applicants must:
- Be a New Zealand citizen and have, or be eligible for, a New Zealand passport,
- Be enrolled in full-time study at AUT for two consecutive semesters prior to internship start date,
- Be completing a programme of study aligned with the criteria set out by host partners,
- Meet all scholarship and international visa eligibility criteria and requirements.
All applicants are required to provide the following via the online application process by the closing date:
- An approved AUT Internz profile
- A completed AUT Internz International Scholarship application form
- A screenshot of Arion enrolled papers as proof of full-time enrolment
- A scanned copy of your passport or proof of New Zealand citizenship
- A cover letter for the host company outlining why you would like to receive this scholarship, what you hope to achieve and your future aspirations
- The name and contact details of a referee - where possible, a member of AUT faculty
- A link to your online portfolio (for creative roles)
AUT will receive all applications by the closing date specified on each internship opportunity and create a short-list from those who meet all application criteria.
Short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview with a representative from a host company, via Skype or phone & will be supported by a member of AUT staff.
The successful candidates will be selected in consultation with relevant host partner organisations to ensure the best fit for each offered position. These candidates will then go through a US visa application process including interviews with the US Consulate, managed by AUT.
Conditions of acceptance
Successful recipients of AUT Internz International Scholarships will be asked to agree to the International Scholarship Terms of Acceptance.